Subject: Re: [election-services] Re-visiting Belgium election online statistics...

Thanks Johan, I've added a new Implementation Note about this on our WIKI, http://wiki.oasis-open.org/election

M. +44 (0)7976 157745
Skype: gov3john

----- Original Message ----
From: "Terryn, Johan" <johan.terryn@EDS.com>
To: John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>; election-services@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Wednesday, 6 February, 2008 9:42:29 AM

John,

This article goes into the AJAX related side of the way we used EML.
During election day we produced output of all results in EML format (EML520)
These results where pushed to a publication server where they were made public through the use of  RSS feeds ( with XSL for formatting) and in the website using AJAX. Ever so often the site would retrieve the latest EML file and display the results. The EML520 were updated as results came in.
Based on the EML250 documents we created aggregates to be able to show overviews per region, party, participation, election type.
The aggregation was required since processing all detail files in a browser would have been prohibitive CPU and web resource intensive.

I think you can link it to the document you host about the use of EML for the Flemish elections. It is nice to link the result to the actual architecture.

Best regards,

Johan terryn