Subject: Re: [election-services] Fw: EML and ranked-choice elections

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Jeffrey O'Neill
<Jeffrey.ONeill@wolfgreenfield.com> wrote:

> My primary interests are to encourage the full support in EML of voting
> systems such as the single transferable vote, and also to implement the EML
> standard in OpenSTV.  I am still learning and working to understand EML so I
> can't help answer or respond to Dave Robinson's questions.  As I educate
> myself, I would like to contribute to the work of this TC and also to
> support EML in OpenSTV.  I look forward to working with you.

I'd like to second this.  We should endeavor to support more voting
algorithms than IRV/STV.  For example, a number of people I work with
in elections see Approval Voting as superior to IRV/STV in many ways
(the non-monoticity problem, results reporting, statistical auditing,
etc.).  best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
UC Berkeley School of Information