Subject: RE: Fw: [election-services] Re possible EML v5.0 submission to ISO/IEC JTC1

John,

Looks very good to me.

I think Jamie was thinking the ElectionML was more meaningful for ISO members - but I agree - there's enough in the material to make it clear what EML relates to - and best not to add a potential cause for confusion.

I agree this positioning is spot on.

Let's hope ISO likes it too!

Do we need a formal approve for the submission format - or just a show of hands here?

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fw: [election-services] Re possible EML v5.0 submission to
ISO/IEC JTC1
From: John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, March 25, 2008 5:47 am
To: EML TC <election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>,  James Bryce Clark
<jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>
Cc: David Canning <David.Canning@JUSTICE.GSI.GOV.UK>,  Stuart
Harrington <stuart.harrington@justice.gsi.gov.uk>

Jamie
Thank you for sight of the draft submission.  I have made a few suggested amendments in the .doc version attached.  My main request is that we use the short name EML throughout and not ElectionML.  EML is now well established and referenced in many documents/reports and I would not want to change that in the future please.

TC Members
I have discussed the way forward on the ISO submission with Jamie several times over the last few months and the approach he is proposing is in my opinion the best way forward.  I hope you will endorse this suggested approach.

M. +44 (0)7976 157745
Skype: gov3john