Subject: RE: [election-services] EML v6.0 - PUBLIC REVIEW COMMENTS

Joe,

My thought would be to design a generic structure construct that can support arbitrary calculation results sets - that way whatever the method used - we can store interim results and the iteration outcomes.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joehall@berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, December 29, 2009 12:16 pm
To: John Borras <John@pensive.eu>
Cc: "election-services@lists.oasis-open.org"
<election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>

I should say that I still wonder about supporting arbitrary
alternative voting methods. I know STV and IRV and cumulative voting
are used quite a bit... but the other methods mentioned in the first
commentors comments seem pretty obscure. Should we support them now
or after they meet some threshhold? best, Joe