Subject: RE: EML - NEXT MEETING

The consensus date/time for our next call to discuss the points below is Thursday 30 September at 15.00UK/16.00CET/10.00EDT.  Sorry if this doesn’t suit everybody but there doesn’t seem to be a time that everybody can make.  Can you please put this in your dairies and I’ll send out the agenda etc in due course.

BTW I’ve had no objections to my proposals set out below so I’m proceeding on the basis of that’s what we are going to do.

John

From: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 10 September 2010 15:36
To: 'EML TC'
Subject: EML - NEXT RELEASE

I’ve been reflecting on the question we discussed yesterday about the content and timescale of the next release of EML and I must say I am persuaded by David’s proposal to do a “quick” v6.1 update covering just the audit area and leave everything else until a later release.   Can I have any objections to this way forward by return please before we get too far down that track.

Assuming everyone is happy with this approach I’m attaching the following to start the discussions:

-          An extract from our V6 Spec document of those bits relating to how we have covered auditing to date;

-          The submissions made by Neal in the last Public Review that we held over to this stage;

-          An extract from the Council of Europe Recommendation on e-voting standards covering Audit.

Please throw into the pot anything else you know relating to election audit standards.

At this stage let’s just focus on the audit requirements and data needs rather than getting deeply into schema changes, that can come a bit later after we’ve agreed a shopping list of changes.

Can you provide you preferences in this link for the next call to review this aspect

http://doodle.com/rdws6stynbnvcv3f