Subject: Re: [election-services] Default choices pre-filled on ballots?

  Jamie,

The slot machines in the next booth over however work flawlessly.

Unfortunately the US election scene is full of these device malfunction
issues over the years here.

I could foresee legal challenges to results if candidates perceive this
unduly affected voting.

One would hope that if OASIS EML XML was being used to configure the
ballots and candidates that this would be a less likely occurrence.

DW