Subject: RE: [election-services] The ballot to approve EML v7.0 Committee Specification Draft 01 as a Committee Specification has passed

Neal

Thanks for your understanding, it’s always better to get a 6-0 ballot result rather than a 5-1.  As you and David have said we should let P1622 get clarity on all this and then we can upload that into a next release of EML.  What we have in v7 is not incorrect although perhaps it does lack clarity.  That IMO doesn’t make it invalid.

John

From: election-services@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:election-services@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Neal McBurnett
Sent: 27 October 2011 19:09
To: EML TC

This is puzzling to me.  The link says "Voting Closes: Thursday, 27 October 2011 @ 11:59 pm ET" which isn't until tonight.  And since I changed my vote a half hour ago, the vote is now 6-0.

-Neal

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org> wrote:

Members of the OASIS Election and Voter Services TC,

The ballot to approve EML v7.0 Committee Specification Draft 01 as a
Committee Specification has passed, with 5 members voting in favor and
1 voting against. The ballot results can be found at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/election/ballot.php?id=2130.

TC Administration will now prepare the official Committee
Specification, load it to the OASIS Library and announce it to the
membership.

Our congratulations to the members of the TC on reaching this milestone.

---

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org