emergency-adopt-docs message

Subject: RE: Sample Product Directories

Just checking back on the status of the EDXL product directory. Have you had a chance to consider which kind of format would work best for you? I'd be happy to attend a future Committee call to discuss details, if that would be helpful.

~Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 3:15 PM
To: 'emergency-adopt-docs@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: Sample Product Directories

The EDXL Product Directory project sounds like a much-needed service for the community, and a good use of the Committee's expertise.

Patrick sent around some links to our current XML.org product directories. We could replicate that functionality for EDXL or opt for something (completely or slightly) different.

Here are a few samples of other formats that might meet your needs...

Basic table:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/lsb-cert/productdir.php?by_date

Entries with logos of sponsors:
http://searchitchannel.bitpipe.com/plist/Linux.html

Search by category
http://www.directionsmag.com/companies/products/

I'm sure there are plenty of other formats we could consider, as well.

The OASIS IT staff will be happy to create the infrastructure. We can get a better idea of the cost involved once we provide them with more details.

~Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society | +1.978.667.5115 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell) | http://www.oasis-open.org

Take a Tour of OASIS
http://www.oasis-open.org/home/tour.php