emergency-adopt-docs message

Subject: EDXL Product Directory Data Fields

Rex,

After struggling to answer the questions today about what the search should look like, I stepped back to consider what data a vendor would have available to enter into the product directory. Attached is  DRAFT of some thoughts on those data fields.  Doing this helped me to see that we need to engage with the OASIS IT staff person on questions about whether the available Drupal software models can support relational data fields with one-to-many relationships.  This will determine whether a vendor needs to make one entry for each of their products and then be able to select multiple specs/version from a drop-down list, or whether they are limited to selecting only one spec-version per product entry.  See example I included in the attached spreadsheet.

Are there other data fields needed?

Patrick Gannon

EM-Product-Directory-DataFields.xls