emergency-adopt-docs message

Subject: Pre-and Post-Event Goals and Objectives Report as ReportTypes andNCOIC Plenary-Specific

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would attach the Pre- and Post-Event Goals and Objectives
Reports I wrote up for the Network Centric Operations Industry
Consortium (NCOIC) March 2010 Plenary I attended under the sponsorship
of this Outreach and Education SC and the EM Adoption TC.

For the Outreach SC, I think we should consider what should go into such
a set of reports. I followed Patrick's suggestion of citing some
specific items and I used th Pre-Event report as the template of the
Post-Event report. The reason I think we should look at these is to come
to some recommendations we can make to the TC for the Collateral and
Documents SC to codify as another type of documentation since
communications should be consistent across internal as well as external
documents. Having a set of templates just makes the work of creating one
of these documents easier, and that's the reason I think we should look
at this pair of documents.

For the Collateral SC, I think this opens the door to the discussion of
whether or not we think it is a good idea to include internal TC
documents as part of our domain. Obviously, I think so, and the reason
is as I stated above: it makes it easier for us create these kinds of
documents, and anything that makes volunteer work easier is beneficial
to the task of recruiting members and advancing innovative work, like
extending our outreach to other not-for-profit standards-related
organizations.

Cheers,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks
President, CEO

Pre-Event-Goals-Objectives-NCOIC-Plenary-20100301-05.doc

Post-Event-Report-NCOIC-Plenary-20100301-05.doc