emergency-adopt-docs message

Subject: Re: Need Copywriting Help on the EM IAEM Ad

Rex,
I'm happy to help, but I'll need a bit more to go on.

First, what is the goal of the ad? To educate the readers on the benefits of the standards, to make people aware that the standards are widely used, to drive traffic to the demo, to drive traffic to the Product Directory, to encourage greater participation in the technical work, to get the attention of fire fighters...?

Second, who is the target audience? How technical are they? Is this their first exposure to EDXL or can we assume a basic familiarity with at least some of the standards? What are their hot buttons?

Third, I'd appreciate any help Lee can provide on Haiti and HAVE. How about the other specific examples? Where can I go to get the raw data on those?

Fourth, what is the cost of placing this ad? Do you have a contact at the magazine I can talk with?

Thanks,
Carol