emergency-adopt-docs message

Subject: Re: [emergency-adopt-docs] Follow-up to C&D SC Meeting Notes of Aug09, 2011 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Thanks Greg,

I agree with your comments, FWIW. Just wanted to let you know that we are planning to reschedule our next meeting on the 23rd of this month for 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time so that perhaps you can join us, even though that is still quite early in the morning in Australia.

We still have to make certain that we are not in conflict with the EDXL-HAVE SC who have reserved that slot on a regular basis. However, they have been holding off on new work while EDXL-SitRep and the supporting specifications of Common Types, the Profile of the Simple Features Profile of the OGC GML Spec v3.3 (edxl-gsf) and the Profile of the Customer Information Quality v3.0 (edxl-ciq) are being resolved.

Those supporting specs have been passed through to create a nimble mechanism for elements that are used across the EDXL family. We now have the EDXL-SitRep spec pushing through for its first Public Review this week and next. So that work will be at a point where we can set it aside for the review process and give this the focus it deserves. However, we spoke briefly about the logo this week in Collateral and Documents SC meeting in addition to an EDXL Poster for the NIEM Training Event and the IAEM Conference.

Given all that, the logo will be the main topic for the 23rd and we hope you can attend. We have a report due on the various uses to which the logo is anticipated to be used, including the more general corporate identity type programs for letterhead and business cards as well as electronic identity management, so we should be well grounded a week from next Tuesday.

Cheers,
Rex