emergency-adopt-events message

Subject: FW: Fall of 2009 Emergency Management Event

Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately, the NOAA facility we were hoping to use isn't available in
September (see note below).  Do we have any objections to checking dates in
early October?

I know there are (at least) two events we're hoping to avoid:

* IAEM 57th Annual Conference & EMEX 2009 - Oct. 31-Nov. 5, 2009 - Orlando,
FL

* NEMA 2009 Annual Conference - October 10-13, 2009 - Hyatt Regency Columbus

Are there other events we should be avoiding?  Please let me know as soon as
possible.  Thanks, Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: Ponikvar, Donald <CTR> [mailto:Donald.Ponikvar@associates.dhs.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 2:27 PM
To: Jane Harnad; Dilonardo, Robert
Cc: Wright, Bill <CTR>
Subject: RE: Fall of 2009 Emergency Management Event

Jane-

I apologize for the delay in my reply.  I was out of the loop for a week
at an office off-site (where they took away even our Blackberrys!!).

We were able to find out that the NOAA conference facility is already
heavily booked for September.  The 21st is available, but not the 22nd.
Our contact there also looked at the week before and after to see if
there were two consecutive days available and they are not.  He said
that in Oct it was pretty open, but I don't know if you guys have any
flexibility regarding the dates of the proposed Conference.

What are your druthers?

Don Ponikvar

Donald R. Ponikvar, PhD
SETA Support, Mission Management Directorate
DHS/Domestic Nuclear Detection Office
Washington, DC  20528

voice:  202-254-7530
fax:  202-254-7751