emergency-adopt-events message

Subject: RE: [emergency-adopt-events] Revised Draft Text for Emergency Interoperability Summit Announcement -- for review

Jane,

Thank you for all of your work on preparation for the fall EI Summit.

I just now have finally had time to read through your draft of 12 June.

While I am all in favor of crisp, pithy title, I feel that the abbreviated sub-title loses some important information.

You have cut it from: “Demonstrating Emergency Response Coordination through Open Data Standards

To:  “Coordinating Response through Open Standards

As has been stated before, In the Emergency Management arena, many of the government (fed, state, local) people and first responder people view interoperability as referring to the issue of interoperability of radios using different frequencies for transmission of voice dialog.  Thus, it is important to emphasize that this event is focused on the issue of DATA interoperability.  Thus, I would suggest that the word “data” be added back into the sub-title, so it would read.

Coordinating Response through Open Data Standards

Also below:

1st para:  why make a negative reference to a “fractured market”.  We should emphasize the emerging market of interoperable solutions.  See edits below.

Also, I added some US govt agencies and organizations to whom we should reach out.

Patrick Gannon

President & COO

Warning Systems, Inc.

+1 256 880 8702 x104  (office)