emergency-adopt-events message

Subject: FW: [em-interop-tech] TCIP Update and Internet Pricing

Hello Everyone,

A question was raised today about the proposed TCIP interoperability
participation fee, so I thought it might be helpful to pass it along to the
entire group for review.  The question was - "Why does the cost to
participate in the demonstration seemed much higher than simply exhibiting
on the show floor?"  (Please note:  The perception is that exhibiting will
only cost $500 - when this will not be the case for most exhibiting
companies.)

Below is a breakdown of the estimated costs associated with a simple
exhibit-only space for comparison.  You will clearly see that participating
in the demonstration will provide many more benefits and the financial
commitment is pretty much the same (thanks to the financial support of our
EI member section).  Please feel free to forward any additional questions.
I will also be on the events conference call Thursday to discuss this option
further.

Thanks, Jane

Estimate pricing of exhibit-only participation:
$500 (includes space, chair, table, one line 7"x44" sign, and draping)
$850 (one internet computer connection for three days)
$250 (carpeting)
$200 (electricity)
Total = $1,800

*Benefits breakdown for demo participation is provided again below...