emergency-adopt-events message

Subject: Re: [emergency-adopt-events] HL7-BOF-Call for Participation Bullet Points

Thanks Tim,

I think this supplies a lot to work with, and I think your "problems-solved/benefits" approach is a good hook. Perhaps Elysa and Dee can work together to craft a audience/recipient list with an OASIS+HL7 intersection and use all this input and get the Call for Participation out.

On 8/4/2016 2:10 PM, Timothy Grapes wrote:

Added an important one – “Force multiplier”

r/Tim
703.304.4829

From: emergency-adopt-events@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:emergency-adopt-events@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Timothy Grapes
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2016 5:10 PM
To: rexb@starbourne.com; 'Elysa Jones' <elysajones@yahoo.com>; emergency-adopt-events@lists.oasis-open.org; 'Darrell O'Donnell' <darrell.odonnell@continuumloop.com>; 'Thomas Ferrentino' <tferrentino@verizon.net>; scott.m.robertson@kp.org; 'Carol Geyer' <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>; 'Jeff Sexton' <Jeff.Sexton@tn.gov>; jdonohue@miemss.org
Cc: 'Dee Schur' <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>

Agree with Dee.

So the purpose of this is a teaser to hook people into coming to our session/demo that evening, correct?  We want a strong hook with snippets of information.

My suggesting is to focus on what is being demonstrated and the benefits/problems being solved.  Quick and dirty litany – no order, grammar or word-smithing.  Perhaps mod a handful as snippets (Jeff/John?).

    • Purpose of demonstration:

§  Live demonstration of EMS patient care and tracking information flow from incident scene to hospitals

§  Day to day and mass casualty real-time data exchange across disparate systems and devices

§  Practical use of practitioner-driven cross-SDO coordinated standards (HL7, OASIS and others)

Emergency Department physicians lack critical incoming patient information 32% of the time

Yearly approximately 114 million visits to EDs occur; 16 million by ambulance

PROBLEMS SOLVED

        • Myriad of state and local patient tracking systems that don’t “talk”
        • Lacking information exchange between EMS and Emergency Departments
        • Resorting to manual and slow patient information sharing
        • Family Stress - Notification and Reunification

BENEFITS

        • “Force Multiplier
        • Incident scene patient routing decision support, matching patient needs with hospitals
        • Advanced hospital preparedness and transition of care
        • Improved individual and care team experience
        • Automated EMS Emergency hospital evacuation tracking
        • Timely and accurate family notification and reunification
        • Automated EMS patient care data populates the HIE Electronic Health Record (EHR)
        • EMS and acute care data increases the ability to analyze first responder impact on quality outcomes
        • Continue current systems use without changes or training.  Build once/reuse
        • Meets intent of “Meaningful Use”
      • OASIS Emergency Data eXchange Language standards used:
        (Not sure we should even list them here)
        • EDXL-DE (spell out)
        • EDXL-TEP (spell out)
        • EDXL-HAVE (spell out)
        • EDXL-TEP-v1.1 to HL7 Messaging Transformation Document

r/Tim
703.304.4829