emergency-adopt-events message

Subject: Reminder: Meeting Agenda

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post an agenda, even if it is a bit tardy, for today's meeting after the EM TC call. Our call is at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Please attend if you can.

1.      Discuss Call for Participation/ Invitation for HL7 BoF event

    • Purpose of demonstration:

§  Live demonstration of EMS patient care and tracking information flow from incident scene to hospitals

§  Day to day and mass casualty real-time data exchange across disparate systems and devices

§  Practical use of practitioner-driven cross-SDO coordinated standards (HL7, OASIS and others)

Emergency Department physicians lack critical incoming patient information 32% of the time

Yearly approximately 114 million visits to EDs occur; 16 million by ambulance

PROBLEMS SOLVED

        • Myriad of state and local patient tracking systems that don’t “talk”
        • Lacking information exchange between EMS and Emergency Departments
        • Resorting to Manual and slow patient information sharing
        • Family Stress - Notification and Reunification

BENEFITS

        • “Force Multiplier
        • Incident scene patient routing decision support, matching patient needs with hospital availability
        • Advanced hospital preparedness and transition of care
        • Improved individual and care team experience
        • Automated EMS Emergency hospital evacuation tracking
        • Timely and accurate family notification and reunification
        • Automated EMS patient care data populates the HIE Electronic Health Record (EHR)
        • EMS and acute care data increases the ability to analyze first responder impact on quality outcomesThis is touchy because NEMSIS does this.  All this data will eventually be reported to NEMSIS
        • Continue current systems use without changes or training.  Build once/reuse
        • Meets intent of “Meaningful Use”
      • OASIS Emergency Data eXchange Language standards used:
        (Not sure we should even list them here)
        • EDXL-DE (spell out)  I would say do not mention
        • EDXL-TEP (spell out)
        • EDXL-HAVE (spell out)
        • EDXL-TEP-v1.1 to HL7 Messaging Transformation Document

  1. Discuss and suggest bullet points for (Joint?)  Press Release (Carol)-Make Notes
    1. Need to ask Carol for the date to release the press release
    2. Not yet known whether it will be a joint press release
  2. Ask OASIS for Funding Support?
    1. Dee said she would check to see what support could be available. We need to be specific in what we are asking for and frame the benefit in talking points (for Laurent to suggest to counterpart for comped registrations, etc).
    2. We have approval already to get the EDXL Video and the EDXL Product Sheet updated.
  3. Discuss Blurb Slide/Collateral for 5-min Teaser
    1. September 20, 2016, 5:15-6:15 pm, Constellation Ballroom D, Hyatt-Regency Baltimore, Md
    2. Bridging Emergency Patient Information Between Hospital Systems and Emergency Services

5.

--
Rex Brooks
Starbourne Communications Design