Added an important one – “Force multiplier”
Agree with Dee.
So the purpose of this is a teaser to hook people into coming to our session/demo that evening, correct? We want a strong hook with snippets of information.
My suggesting is to focus on what is being demonstrated and the benefits/problems being solved. Quick and dirty litany – no order, grammar or word-smithing. Perhaps mod a handful as snippets (Jeff/John?).
- Purpose: Proof of Concept
§ Bridge emergency patient and hospital interoperability
§ Meaningful use of cross-SDO coordinated standards (HL7, OASIS and others)
Emergency Department physicians lack critical incoming patient information 32% of the time
Yearly approximately 114 million visits to EDs occur; 16 million by ambulance
o Problems Solved
- Myriad of systems that don’t “talk”
- Patient information flow often resource intensive, slow, after the fact
- First Responders Lack Patient Matching & Routing decision support
- ED’s Lack incoming patient information, overwhelmed or unable to treat some conditions
- Transition of care
- Family Stress - Notification and Reunification information
§ Real-time data exchange across disparate jurisdictions, professions, systems and devices
· Full EMS patient information flow to intermediate triage, ED, morgue
· Use current systems without changes or training. One interface - reuse
· Day to day use “behind the scenes” and seamlessmass casualty transition
· “Unidentified” patient tracking (a recent HHS buzz-word issue)
- EMS to ePCR
- EMS patient care to HIE Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- “Force Multiplier”
I agree with Elysa that we want to focus on the OASIS-HL7 collaboration in Tracking Emergency Patients (TEP by itself is just another TLA), so I would spell it out.
On 8/4/2016 7:30 AM, Elysa Jones wrote:
I suggest the text points be listed as:
Purpose: Demonstrate the use of the HL7-OASIS TEP joint release bi-directional transformation document
OASIS EDXL standards to be highlighted are: ….
HL7 messages are: …
I think it is important to state our purpose to be the joint document.
Here is our first pass at bullet points for the Call for Participation for the HL&-Bof Demonstration/Presentation:
- September 20, 2016, 5:15-6:15 pm, Constellation Ballroom D, Hyatt-Regency Baltimore, Md
- Bridging Emergency Patient Information Between Hospital Systems and Emergency Services
- Purpose of demonstration:
- Show use of the following standards in a mass-casualty scenario tracking emergency patient information flow across different systems and devices
- EDXL-TEP-v1.1 to HL7 Messaging Transformation Document
Starbourne Communications Design
1361 Addison St. Apt. A
Berkeley, CA 94702