emergency-adopt-outreach message

Subject: Re: [emergency-adopt-outreach] FW: December 2009 CCI Bulletin

Thanks Bill,

I will review this. There are two Net Centric Operations Industry
Consortium (NCOIC) working groups  -- Integrated project Teams (IPTs)
working this area. The Command, Control Communications interoperability
IPT (C3i IPT) tackles it from the NATO-EADS military perspective while
the Net-Enabled Emergency Response IPT (NEER IPT) approaches it from the
Emergency Managment perspective and the Civilian Legal and Public Safety
context.

My question is, should we be opening up lines of communication?

These two IPT groups are having joint meetings and are working the All
Hazards Alert and Warning (AHAW) Pattern for which I authored the
initial drafts. It uses CAP and EDXL-DE and is setting the stage for the
use of the EDXL family. At least, that's my aim. How it actually works
out could be another matter.

The AHAW is now in intense peer review preparatory to its formal review.
The point is that we are working toward another pattern in the future
for smooth interactions and transitions between military and civilian
jurisdictions.

Happy New Year,
Rex