emergency-adopt-outreach message

Subject: TSO-Tactical Situation Object

Hi Everyone,

The Tactical Situation Object website is
http://www.tacticalsituationobject.org/

It provides access to a section of the Open Advanced System for dISaster
& emergency management (OASIS-fp6) website that "introduces the need of
the TSO" and a link to a presentation pdf
http://www.tacticalsituationobject.org/docs/Shared-Situation-Awareness-the%20TSO-15Dec2008.pdf

There are also a few other resources available

The lead author is Martine Couturier and, if needed, I can contact her.
We are due to collaborate on the Network Centric Operations Industry
Consortium (NCOIC) All Hazards Alerts and Warnings (AHAW) Technical
Pattern. The intent of that effort in relation to TSO is to incorporate
TSO within the technical pattern as a way to automate the transmission
of CAP-equivalent messages, or parts of CAP-equivalent messages that use
the TSO Codes, across language/country boundaries. It is not intended to
replace CAP, just to automate exchange of alert-related information as
well as other kinds of emergency response information across
language/country bondaries. It uses EDXL-DE, so incorporating it in the
AHAW technical pattern, based on using CAP and EDXL-DE, should not be
too difficult.

Just FYI I will be saying more about the NCOIC AHAW Capability Pattern
in Friday's EM Adoption TC Meeting. My intent is to encourage
cooperation and/or collaboration with NCOIC which has now joined OASIS.

Cheers,
Rex