emergency-adopt message

Subject: Request to form Liaison with ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27/WG 1

OASIS EM Adoption TC Members,

On Thursday 30 Apr, I was able to speak directly with Charles Provencher to
discuss this request from his Working Group 1 (within SC 27 of the ISO/IEC
JTC1).  Abbie Barbir from Nortel had forwarded the attached documents to my
attention.

After speaking with Charles Provencher, I believe that it makes sense for
the OASIS Emergency Management Adoption TC to request Category C Liaison
with SC 27.  The purpose of the liaison with the EM Adoption TC would be to
facilitate information exchange as to the need which the SC 27 / WG 1 has to
develop a profile of the CAP (and possibly EDXL-DE) for use in exchanging IT
Security Information for Inter-Sector communications about critical
infrastructures.

OASIS has facilitated such liaisons with other ISO and ISO/IEC JTC1 groups.

As Charles Provencher indicated in his email, the SC 27 working groups are
meeting next week in China to further discuss this plan.  It would
facilitate this activity if they were to receive acknowledgement from our
new TC that we wish to pursue the establishment of the Category C liaison.
Therefore, I will bring a motion before the TC today that we agree to
request OASIS Staff support in establishing a Category C Liaison with SC 27.

Please see this relevant section of the OASIS Liaison Policy for guidance on
this process.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php#liaisons

Such liaison will require that at least one person be a member of both
groups. If we have an existing member who wishes to pursue membership
through their country's Head-of-Delegation, that would work.  Otherwise, we
can ask someone already on the SC27 / WG1 to become an OASIS Member and
participate in the EM Adoption TC.

Any comments?

Best regards,

Patrick Gannon