emergency-adopt message

Subject: Subcommittees of the EM Adoption TC

Three subcommittees have now been created:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-adopt-outreach/index.php
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-adopt-events/index.php
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-adopt-docs/index.php

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
twitter: fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.

On May 8, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Tom Ferrentino wrote:

Mary,

Below are the proposed subcommittees submitted by the Adoption TC.

Meeting Notes Link: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-adopt/document.php?document_id=32435

Subcommittees, Proposed email list name, Co-Chairs, and statements of purpose:

-          Events & Demos SC: This SC [shall] work on organizing speakers and topics for events that the EM Adoption TC decides to support. They [shall] also be responsible for organizing scenarios and planning of OASIS Interop events.
§  Tom Ferrentino and Dean Reese are elected co-chairs
§  SC to meet weekly, starting Friday, May 8, 1100-1200 EDT.
§  Email List emergency-adopt-events
-          Collateral & Documents SC: This SC [shall] be responsible for writing or editing whitepapers, primers, slide presentations, etc.  They [shall] also take responsibility for updating the collateral on the EI MS website http://www.oasis-emergency.org/ along with the TC's public webpage: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/emergency-adopt/.
§  Rex Brooks and Jacob Westfall are elected co-chairs
§  SC to meet every second week, starting Tuesday, May 19, 1000-1100 EDT.
§  Email List emergency-adopt-documents
-          Outreach & Education SC: This SC [shall] be responsible for identifying, building and maintaining relationships with external organizations. For example, building relationships with US Health & Human Services (HHS) Department to promote EDXL-HAVE OASIS Standard.  Outreach and liaison with other international bodies (e.g. ITU-T, JTC1 SC37) [shall] be handled here. It is agreed also that the suggestion for a Meteorological SC should be folded into this SC under “Support for Communities of Interest”: focus on the global adoption of the CAP OASIS Standard (and ITU-T X.1303) by weather and meteorological agencies world-wide.
§  Denis Gusty is elected as co-chair, with the expectation that someone from NWS could join as co-chair.
§  SC to meet every second week, starting date TBA.
§  Email List emergency-adopt-outreach