emergency-adopt message

Subject: Emergency Interoperability Summit at the NIEM Traing Events -- Update

Dear Committee Members,

As you all know, I’ve been working over the last few days on integrating our Emergency Interoperability Summit into the large NIEM training event in Baltimore, Maryland.  I held several conference calls with various people discussing the best scenario that provides us the most visibility.  Given the size of the NIEM event, you can image that is no easy task.  Please find the current NIEM event program for review:  http://www.iir.com/registration/niem/pdf/Master.pdf .  Please note:  The NIEM event structure includes six presentation tracks over three-four days.

Key to our success at this event will be our interoperability demonstrations.  Donna Roy (with DHS) expressed much interest in this aspect.  In addition, NIEM isn’t planning to hold interoperability demonstrations or exhibits at this particular event.  We would be the only ones – giving us a leg up.  Therefore, we feel that our best option will be to focus not as much on presentations, but on the interoperability demonstrations themselves.

Below and attached is an outline of an option we would like the committee to consider.  Please review all the information and let me know if it might be possible to hold a quick special call this week to discuss it further.  Thanks in advance, Jane

Emergency Interoperability Summit Proposal – at NIEM Training Event

·         Date: Wednesday, 30 September & Thursday 1 October

·         Location:  Baltimore Hilton

·         Sleeping Room Rate:  $179 per night

·         Schedule:  10:00 am – 8:30 pm (Wednesday) and 9:45 am – 8:30 pm (Thursday)
*see detailed draft schedule of presentation & demo times attached

·         Room Setup:  One large room with 15-20 demonstration tables around the perimeter with theater seating & podium in the center of the room

·         Registration:  NIEM training registration fees are $195 for gov employees and $395 for non-gov attendees.
People wanting to attend the NIEM sessions will need to register using their online form.
Our portion of the event could still be free of charge; however, we will need to work out all the details with the folks at NIEM.

·         Interop Participant/Sponsorship Fee & Package:  Open only to members of OASIS – the fee per company = TBD and will include:  a demonstration table space; two chairs; internet connectivity; power; one complimentary registration for the whole NIEM/EI event; executive quote & company info featured in OASIS press release; conference website advertising - including logo, profile, & hyperlink; on site company promotion including - prominent venue signage and recognition in onsite attendee materials

Schedule.xls