emergency-adopt message

Subject: Proposal for Cross-Functional InterOp Scenario Task Force

EM Adoption TC,

Attached is a proposal to engage other organizations, which have been
identified through our Outreach & Education Subcommittee (O&E SC), to
participate in developing expanded scenarios for the OASIS Emergency InterOp
at IAEM in Nov 2010.  The O&E SC briefly reviewed this proposal on 14 Apr
and made suggestions for other organizations for us to consider inviting to
participate in the scenario development task force.

It is suggested that we form this as a task force of volunteer
representatives from these various organizations who can not only help to
define expanded scenarios to demonstrate benefits of interoperable data
exchange, but also help to define the benefit statements - possible a white
paper.  We could request from OASIS staff to have an email list set-up that
would be open for use by non-member scenario partners who agree to
participate in the InterOp Scenario Development Task Force.

We could then also select some subset of the task force to sit on a panel
session at the IAEM conference.  I am also preparing a companion abstract
for such panel session to reply to the IAEM CFP, which is due to be
submitted by 30 Apr 2010.
http://www.iaem.com/events/annual/CallforSpeakersIAEM2010.htm

I floated this idea of a cross-functional task force and conference panel to
several reps from IAEM and NASBA with very positive response.  They just
need to see a written proposal.

Please review and send any comments or questions.

Tom, Werner, would you please add this topic for discussion on the EMA TC
call on Friday (16 Apr)?

Best regards,

Patrick Gannon
President & COO
Warning Systems, Inc.
+1 256 880 8702 x104  (office)
+1 256 468 4055  (mobile)

OASIS-Emergency-Data-Interoperability-ScenarioPanel-IAEM-Conf-20100414.doc