emergency-adopt message

Subject: RE: [emergency-adopt] EDXL Product Directory - Vendor Outreach Updated

Werner's comment suggestion is a good one (I believe). It does not explicitly rename CAP as EDXL-CAP but it does place CAP within the EDXL family. This may be a good way to gravitate slowly towards the EDXL-CAP 1.2 re-titling of the CAP standard.

E.g.

"Vendors may provide a description of their product and identify specific EDXL standards which are supported (CAP, DE, HAVE, and/or RM)."

Tom

--- On Wed, 6/23/10, Osterloh, Camille L. <CAMILLE.L.OSTERLOH@saic.com> wrote:

From: Osterloh, Camille L. <CAMILLE.L.OSTERLOH@saic.com>
To: "Joerg, Werner" <Werner.Joerg@iem.com>
Cc: emergency-adopt@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 11:23 AM

Werner, Based on your comment below I did go back and pull relevant section from notes captured in EM-TC 9-29-09 minutes. I don’t see a decision to change any references of “CAP” to “EDXL-CAP” but there is a motion to reference “EDXL including CAP” for all communication about the standards.

Here is relevant portion of the meeting notes

CAP and the EDXL family of Standards.

…Since this has been the process for all Standards to date beginning with CAP and including EDXL-DE, EDXL-RM, EDXL-HAVE, the group discussed the need to single CAP out rather than include it in the EDXL "family." Discussion included the fact that CAP is transport agnostic and maybe should be considered separately for that reason. However, the others are really transport agnostic. CAP was done before the EDXL name was coined and the process formalized at DHS S&T. However, it was basically the same idea. After further discussion on the topic, TGrapes made and RBrooks seconded a motion that EM-TC begin using "EDXL including CAP" for all communication about our Standards. All agreed.

If we need to adjust further please let me know. Thanks, -Camille

Camille L. Osterloh | SAIC

NIMS STEP Task Lead |

Test Manager | ILSPG

phone: 606.274.2019 | fax 606.274.2025