emergency-adopt message

Subject: 2011 Events for Review and Comment

Dear EM Members,

We are currently working on the 2011 OASIS Event Plan. Our main goals are to educate the marketplace on the benefits and status of our work, and to provide visibility for our members.  We would like to include a few OASIS Emergency Management activities (i.e. workshop, showcase, and/or interoperability demonstrations) in this plan. These activities may be held in conjunction with another event or hosted as a stand-alone event (maybe at a member facility).

Below is a list of potential events for review.  Please let us know if there is any interest in hosting a workshop, presentation, and/or interoperability demonstration in conjunction with any of these events and/or if you have any other events for us to review.   Input is always welcome.

Kind Regards, Jane

Jane Harnad

OASIS, Manager of Events

jane.harnad@oasis-open.org

List of events for review:

April 6-7

CAP Implementation Workshop

Geneva, Switzerland

http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/www/ISS/Meetings/WIS-CAP_Geneva2011/DocPlan.html

May 8-11

ISCRAM Conference

Lisbon, Portugal

http://www.iscram.org/

**Working to submit a poster presentation proposal for review.

June 12-15

NFPA Conference and Expo

Boston, MA

http://www.nfpa.org/categorylistconf.asp?categoryID=1600

June 18-23

NENA Annual Conference& Trade Show

Minneapolis, MN

http://nena.org/nena2011

August 12-16

NEMA Annual Conference

Des Moines, IA

http://www.nemaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=211

Fall of 2011

TCIP Expo

TBD Location

http://tcipexpo.com/

November 12-17

IAEM 59th Annual Conference & EMEX 2011

Las Vegas, NV

http://www.iaem.com/events/annual/intro.htm

**A separate note will follow regarding an Interoperability demonstration at IAEM.