emergency-adopt message

Subject: Update to LinkedIn EDXL Group

FYI, I took the liberty of creating Group Rules for the EDXL LinkedIn
Group. You can find the text below linked from the Group page in the
upper right corner. I'm happy to work with the Adoption Committee on
editing these Group Rules as needed. It's a good idea to clarify the
intended use of the site. Also, I wanted to document that the LinkedIn
Group should not be used for conducting TC work or submitting formal
comments. I don't know how much the Rules will do to prevent this, but
if we need to remove content, it's good to have the published Rules to
reference.

Also, LinkedIn doesn't let you specify a meaningful URL for Groups. I
used bit.ly to create one for the main OASIS Group (
http://linkd.in/OASISopen ), so I also did one for the EDXL
Group--http://linkd.in/OASISemergency.  It's a little nicer than using
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3355540  If you'd
rather something else, just let me know.

*****EDXL LinkedIn Group Rules*******
This group supports the work of the OASIS international not-for-profit
consortium to accelerate the development, adoption, application, and
implementation of EDXL. Participation from all constituents in
emergency management and response, from practitioners to technology
providers and national, international and multinational oversight
agencies, is welcome.

This LinkedIn Group is designed to foster discussions on EDXL, to
gauge interest in new ideas, to build support for new work, to
identify gaps where standards are needed, and to promote global
adoption of EDXL standards. All content should be relevant to the
mission of the OASIS Emergency Interoperability Member Section
(http://www.oasis-emergency.org/).

Note, however, the OASIS EDXL LinkedIn Group is *not* for conducting
technical work or providing comments to OASIS Technical Committees.

Actual work on creating or revising EDXL standards or specifications
must take place within the OASIS Emergency Management Technical
Committee, under the open OASIS TC Process. This process--governing
issues such as transparency, contributions, licensing, participation,
and disclosure--assures that all EDXL standards are produced in an
open, democratic, and accountable method.

Public feedback on OASIS work must be submitted via the "comment" form
that is linked from the Emergency Management Technical Committee's
homepage on the OASIS web site. Feature requests for additions or
changes to specifications should be directed through these comment
forms. All comments are documented and reviewed by the appropriate
OASIS Committee members and publicly archived.

See the OASIS web site (www.oasis-open.org) for details; contact
communications@oasis-open.org with any questions or concerns.

***********************

~Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Take a Tour of OASIS
http://www.oasis-open.org/home/tour.php

Follow OASIS on: