emergency-adopt message

Subject: Helping customers write EDXL compliance into their RFPs

ODCA has an interesting online form that helps people who are writing RFPs.
http://www.opendatacenteralliance.org/ourwork/proposalengineassistant?option=com_rfptool&task=step1&Itemid=299&solution_type=ENTERPRISE

The form:
a) tells customers which ODCA models are applicable to their needs
b) provides sample RFP verbiage
c) identifies a list of vendors with products that comply with the
specified models
d) offers to connect the customer with the vendors

Would a variation on this be useful for driving demand for EDXL, i.e.,
could we provide customers with text to ensure their RFPs specify
compliance with one or more EDXL standards?

If so, would the vendor referral mechanism be a good addition or
alternative to our current EDXL product directory? For one thing, it
would be easier to maintain (we wouldn't be displaying specific
product info).

Of course, if customers aren't having trouble including EDXL
compliance in their RFPs now, then there's no need for something like
this.

Just a thought,
Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/OASISopen