emergency-adopt message

Subject: Fwd: Emergency Management career resource - quick request

Members of the Emergency Management and Emergency Management Adoption TC,

Please see the request we received below from Matt Davis of Fire Science Online. If you feel this is appropriate information to incorporate, please feel free to take any appropriate actions and follow up with Matt directly.

Thanks & best regards,

/chet

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laurent M Liscia <laurent.liscia@oasis-open.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM
To: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>

Can you forward to the TC please?
--
Laurent Liscia, CEO
(510) 669-1261

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter: http://twitter.com/OASISopen
Facebook: http://facebook.com/oasis.open

Take a tour of OASIS at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/home/tour.php

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 07:21:45 -0700
From: Matt Davis <matt@firescience.org>
To: laurent.liscia@oasis-open.org

I'm hoping you can help me with a quick request.

Fire Science Online recently launched career and education guides focused on public service and safety careers including firefighting, law enforcement, forestry, and paramedics to name a few.  Each guide contains career and salary information, a school search tool, internships, scholarships, and other related educational information.   Even with the vast number of career sites on the internet, it can be quite difficult to find accurate and relevant information to these service and safety career paths.  Our resources are always free and we continue to keep the site non-commercial and non-for-profit.

I noticed you link to the IEM website and other related resources from https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17227/EDXL-DE_Spec_v1.0.html

Given this, I thought you might be interested specifically in the Emergency Management guide.   You can find it at the link below and can view our other guides under "Public Service Careers" in the top navigation on our website.

    http://www.firescience.org/emergency-management-degree-programs-online/

Would you mind adding the appropriate and relevant career guides as link resources on the page mentioned above or on a similar resources page?  Feel free to add one or more of our career guides if you feel they would be useful to your visitors.

Thanks for your support,

Matt Davis
Communications Director
Fire Science Online
415-632-9326

About Us
Fire Science Online was founded in 2011 and serves those looking for fire science education and fire safety information.  Most recently, the organization has broadened its scope to address several public safety and service careers such as homeland security, EMTs, forestry, and criminal justice to name a few.  Fire Science Online was funded by private donations and remains non-commercial and advertisement free.