emergency-adopt message

Subject: RE: [emergency-adopt] Groups - DRAFT EMA TC notes 2016-07-19.doc uploaded

Dear Phillip,

Thank you for your note and for joining our call.  Please forgive my not
recognizing you.  I am hopeful we can accommodate your time zone in future
calls.  Be sure to post your interest to the chairs of the Emergency
Management TC and its associated SCs and the Emergency Adoption TC and
associated SCs so they are aware you want to join.  You may also be
interested in joining the Emergency Member Section where we discuss adoption
and outreach efforts.  I’ve copied Dee Schur to provide you more
information.

I suggest that you begin with participation in the Adoption TC
(specifically, the Events and Demos (E&D) SC due to the upcoming HL7
activities; and the CAP SC of the Emergency TC.  Joining both emergency TCs
and associated SCs would be a good idea to keep an eye on things.  We will
be using the listsrv more as we plan for the upcoming HL7 demonstration.  We
will have a call today at 2pmET to begin discussion about the HL7 activity.

I’m glad to know you are in touch with Eliot and the RC.  Will you be
attending the CAP workshop in Bangkok?   That event is co-sponsored by OASIS
but not managed through our E&D SC.  Perhaps for future workshops we will
have some OASIS members that would be interested in collaborating in that
space.  We have now OASIS members representing national system of US
(FEMA/IPAWS), US National Weather Services and Environment Canada.  They are
active on the CAP SC.

As to your other organizations, you will note that the EMTC has
subcommittees which represent the family of EDXL (emergency data exchange
language) standards for Message Distribution, Resource Messaging, Situation
Reporting, Hospital Availability and Tracking of Emergency Patients) as well
as our Reference Information Model (RIM) SC.  I would be happy to set up a
call for us to chat about how and which groups would be best.  It might be
helpful for your meteorological associated folks to listen in to the CAP SC
calls.  It would give them a chance to meet by voice the NWS and Env Canada
members.

I look forward to your participation in our OASIS groups.

Cheers,

Elysa Jones, Chair OASIS

Emergency Management Technical Committee

Emergency Interoperability Member Section