emergency-adopt message

Subject: Fwd: EDXL-StratML Value Chain Analysis

Hi Everyone,

I sent this out to the RIM SC, but then thought I ought to send it to these lists, too, in case anyone wants to discuss their thinking about this initial effort at the beginnings of a Value-Chain Analysis for EDXL. We have meetings tomorrow, and I send out reminders tomorrow.

Cheers,
Rex

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: EDXL-StratML Value Chain Analysis
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 14:43:09 -0800
From: rexbroo <rexb@starbourne.com>
To: emergency-rim@lists.oasis-open.org <emergency-rim@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Everyone,

I'll send out a reminder about our meeting tomorrow morning, but for now I want to share some thinking I've been doing on developing an overall strategy for promoting the EDXL family. Basically, I'm looking at various Strategy Modeling analyses and one of those is a Value Chain Analysis that starts by looking at core processes in sequence (hence Value-Chain), so I've applied that to our work on the EDXL family and come up with a start that looks like this:

  • Research (working out what standards are needed and what problems EDXL solves) -- This is something we have done for each of the EDXL specifications, so we have a well-worked out methodology of sub-processes.
    • Consult with Practitioners/Government Sponsors/NGO Consortia
    • Gather requirements from above (formal requirements/candidate specifications)
  • Standard Development
    • Define Scope from Requirements
    • Define Vocabulary and Data Model
    • Write Specification
  • Standard Approval (getting OASIS EM TC Committee Specification Approval, OASIS Standard Approval)
  • Standard Versioning uses overall process in sequence based on feedback from implementors/users
  • EDXL Family-wide Promotion
    • Provide overall UML class model with each specification included along with supporting elements
    • Provide StratML-based Strategy for overall EDXL family
      • Breakdown of audience/markets and needs/motivations for each in relation to EDXL
      • Breakdown of SOA v. Microservice Architecture for EDXL software implementations
        • Breakdown of Platforms, DBMS, Application Delivery Systems--mobile devices, cloud-based data persistence -- needs much more work
        • Breakdown of Key Technologies (XML vs. JSON for inter-service messaging/communications)
  • EDXL Individual Standard/Committee Specification Promotion
    • Provide individual database schema for each specification and supporting elements (Based on overall UML Datamodel)?
  • Technology vendor marketing and sign up
  • Vendor product development
  • Solution marketing
Cheers,
Rex