emergency-cap message

Subject: RE: [emergency-cap] Tony can't attend 10-28 CAP SC meeting

Hi Yu,

Thank you for your comments.  These can be added directly to the list of comments for consideration as your company is a member of the TC.  Rather than the “perpetual” list that we have deliberated in years past and are required by process to review at each release, these should go on the list of new comments to be deliberated along with the other input from Steve, the NWS, EnvCA and others.

I’m sorry that I will not be able to attend the call today as IAEM is taking all my cycles since Sat and through Wed.  If the meeting does not make, I am available next Mon if the SC decides to reschedule.

Cheers,

Elysa

From: emergency-cap@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:emergency-cap@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Yu Chen
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 3:42 AM
To: Tony Mancuso
Cc: emergency-cap@lists.oasis-open.org

I will call in for the meeting on Monday.

Since I noticed some discussions regarding perpetual CAP issues for CAP 2.0, I'd like to raise a few more items related data I've seen in more countries.

1. Multiple areas.

An event can have multiple types of areas, for example an earthquake may have an incident location plus shaking locations. A fire would have start location, burn area, and warning areas. A tsunami has multiple arrival segments, and within each segment there may be breakpoints with different wave heights and arrival times. Even though CAP is supposed to only have warning areas, I think it may be useful to allow for multiple areas and have some standard labeling.

2. Formatting.

This is the question of HTML in the descriptions. It's strongly discouraged but not listed anywhere. However, there's no getting around the fact that if CAP is to be used dissemination over the internet, it'd be nice to better support HTML formatting in <description> and <instruction>

3. Languages.

I'd like better documentation on parameters names across languages. Many countries have multiple official languages. Should parameter names be the same across languages? Or be language dependent?