emergency-cap message

Subject: Re: [emergency-cap] CAP Issue 23 - Specify JSON serialization

If anything the character-encoding situation is a bit simpler in JSON... most things are.  However, there are validated solutions for XML internationalization as well... the problem being that many (probably most) implementers aren't fully abreast of them.  "I18N" is still viewed in many English-speaking software shops as an arcane specialty.  Programmers in other parts of the world tend, in my experience, to be a bit more cognizant.

You do raise an interesting additional question, however, which is whether it might be beneficial to specify the character encoding, optionally like the language, in the CAP message body itself.  How does ASN.1 address that, I wonder?

- Art