emergency-cap message

Subject: Tsunami and foreign CAP

Hi all,

I agreed to look into both creating a sample tsunami CAP message and locating a foreign CAP message. I located the attached 20160302223139.xml from InaTEWS, the Indonesia Tsunami Early Warning System, which might serve as both. It has 4 info blocks, one for tsunami warning and another for tsunami advisory, and each is repeated in Indonesian and English. I'm not sure if having more than 1 plus repeats in other languages is ideal, but please check it out.

Also, here is a link to the National Tsunami Warning Center's CAP initiative, with sample CAP messages:
http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/?page=cap
This also can have multiple info blocks in the same language.

Both have their own profiles.

Talk to you tomorrow, David

DAVID ASKOV | PACIFIC DISASTER CENTER | 808.891.7937 | daskov@pdc.org

-----Original Message-----
From: emergency-cap@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:emergency-cap@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jacob Westfall
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 08:33
To: emergency-cap@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency-cap] CAP issues summary

Hi,
	As discussed on the CAP SC call today, here are my thoughts on how to address the issues now that they have all been reviewed.

- Errata -
The following issues would be incorporated into the existing CAP 1.2 Errata draft and this draft would be advanced to the TC.

1, 2, 22, 27, 31

- Practices Guide -
The following issues would be incorporated into an update to the CAP Practices Guide and this recommendation would be advanced to the TC.  Guidance would be created for each issue as part of passing this work over to the Adoption TC and volunteers to spearhead this work would be sought.

1, 2, 17, 25, 27, 28, 29, 31

- Implementers Workshop -
The following issues would be incorporated into a discussion document for the CAP Implementers Workshop.  A short summary of each issue would be provided, along with the link to the JIRA issue for details.  The document would request that implementers provide feedback using some other mechanism than JIRA though, perhaps like the recent Survey, to make tracking easier.  The SC would create this document and advance it to the TC.

8, 16, 17, 25, 29, 30, 34

- Next Version -
There are a number of issues that have been identified as applicable to the next version of CAP.  I'd like to propose a ballot be held to decide if a 1.X or 2.X is the appropriate path forward for these issues.  The results of this ballot would be forwarded to the TC.

--
Jacob Westfall <jake@jpw.biz>