emergency-cap message

Subject: XML and JSON

Hi,
	The question came up today about CAP XML versus JSON.  I'm still in the process of finishing my draft on that, but have built some conversion and testing software that has been running CAP-JSON for almost 2 years now.  It really works quite well, except for namespaces and XML Signature/Encryption.  We don't allow other namespaces into CAP currently, which makes that part very easy, but do have the CAP version in an attribute/namespace.  So the JSON has to add an additional element to accomodate that.  Regarding Signatures, they also don't translate, so for now I've been using without and investigating the various JSON alternatives.  Once I get the draft done I'll provide more info on my findings.  But to answer the question today, I ran a quick conversion between the two and have attached them to this message as samples.

--
Jacob Westfall <jake@jpw.biz>