emergency-cap message

Subject: NWS Dissemination Program Presentation to EIC Dec. 14, 2016

I have attached the two presentations that the NWS Office of Dissemination gave to the EIC (Emergency Interoperability Consortium) Dec. 14, 2016. It's quite interesting. You should be aware that when they refer to bugs in CAP, they are actually referring to bugs in their CAP processing software. However, there was most discussion on event expiration, even though it isn't listed as a big/issue in slides6 and 7. To me (my perception onkl) they still don't sound very settled on how they are fixing that, so I think our practices guide should get to them before they get too far down whatever road they're on.

Cheers,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks