emergency-cap message

Subject: RE: [emergency-cap] Some questions to add to tomorrow's agenda

There are ways to fill in a series of cells, but adding a row will almost always require additional action to “regenerate and re-fill” the series.

Is the ID intended to be the identifier for the concept (i.e., the code value) or is it for sorting/ordering purposes.  If a code value, this illustrates a basic problem with sequential identifiers: the sequence will “break” as soon as a new concept is added.  Current concept management practice is to generate non-semantic code – codes with no internal meaning or structure – to preclude anyone from assuming what the code value implies.

I’ll be on tomorrow’s call so we can discuss further.

Also, I froze the top column of the spreadsheet.  Allows you to see the column headers when scrolling down the table.

--------
Scott M Robertson, PharmD, RPh, FHL7
Principal Technology Consultant

Kaiser Permanente