emergency-cap message

Subject: Re: [emergency-cap] FW: CAP Cancel question

> Thanks, Gang.  I wasn't sure if Cancel had formally been re-defined or clarified in any formal documentation.

Prior to CAP 1.2 and the introduction of AllClear, as Rex noted, it was common practice and that still continues to this day.  Ideally for new CAP issuers, they should start out with the recommended practice of using AllClear.  But there is no requirement that long-standing CAP users stop using Cancel.  You are right that it might introduce some consequences for downstream systems who are used to your current practices.

If you are looking at any changes, I would recommend introducing AllClear for the responseType in the appropriate info blocks.  This can work in conjunction with your current Cancel practices and provide a migration path for users down the road if you decide to change Cancel.

--
Jacob Westfall <jake@jpw.biz>