emergency-cap message

Subject: Reminder - CAP-SC meeting today at 11amEDT

Friends,

We will have our CAP-SC meeting today at 11amEDT.  With quorum achieved, our first order of business will be the notes from May 1 found at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-cap/download.php/67181/May%201%202020-meeting-notes.doc.

Recall our last meeting where we will endeavor to move more swiftly though this pass of the CAP Event Terms list.  To that end and many thanks to Scott, you can now find the updates decided on during the last meeting in the CAP-SC documents repository in Kavi at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-cap/download.php/67142/CAP%20Edits.docx.  This will be our historical record referenced in the meeting notes.  The working document which includes the ongoing updates are also found in the repository at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-cap/download.php/67141/CAP%20Terms%20Working%20List%20(3).xlsx.  This is where we will begin today.

Additionally on our call today, I would like to review the comments made by the RIM-SC on the document provided for OASIS to review from the ITU regarding “The use of International Mobile Telecommunications (IMT) for broadband Public Protection and Disaster Relief (PPDR) applications”.  The tracked changed document can be found in the OASIS repository at Link on Kavi.  The CAP-SC should be prepared make any additional changes and vote on advancing this version to the EMTC for final vote.  We must have our final comments to the ITU by June 22.

There has been an additional document the CAP-SC has been asked to review.  This comes from Frank Bell who provided our original Event Terms list.  He asks that we review and provide any comments on a paper he is submitting to the “National Association of Broadcasters entitled Broadcast Public Alerting Technologies Review, With Future Considerations”  He has agreed for it to be loaded into our repository and can be found at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-cap/download.php/67182/NAB-2020-Paper-Template-04-10.docx.  We will not take SC time to review this but invite members to comment on it via the CAP-SC list.

Thank you,

Elysa Jones, Chair OASIS

Emergency Management Technical Committee

Emergency Member Section Steering Committee