emergency-cap message

Subject: Re: [emergency-cap] Proposal on versioning the CAP Terms committee note

Hi Chet,
Thanks for the info.  Is this the same for a Committee Note?
Stay well,
Elysa

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Saturday, August 8, 2020, 1:08 PM, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org> wrote:

Hi Elysa, Scott, Rex -

Your version numbering isn't what triggers a public review. When to do a public review is up to the TC keeping in mind that you have to do public review(s) before you can vote to approve a CSD as a Committee Specification.

In other words, if you do v1.0, 1.1, 1.x ... but you just leave those as local copies of your working draft, that is no problem. Let's say you publish v1.5 and the TC feels that this is mature and ready for approval. It then will need to go through public review before you can request the Special Majority Vote to approve the CS.

If you don't make that threshold until v2.0, that's fine too. You would eventually end up with CAP Events Terms v2.0 Committee Specification 01.

Does that explain it clearly?

/chet