emergency-comment message

Subject: Re: [emergency-comment] Who can issue CAP alerts?

Title: Re: [emergency-comment] Who can issue CAP alerts?
Bob, everyone,

I'm replying to this in my extremely limited capacity as the interim, fill-in, acting chair for the OASIS Emergency Management TC in order to say that we will take up issues raised on the public-comment list, including the issue of responding privately versus publicly to issues raised on the public-comment list at our next TC meeting,  Tuesday March 10, 2003. We will also conduct any further consulting that needs to be done with OASIS Mgt on TC procedural policy during this period while CAP is being voted upon, regarding these issues after that meeting. That's a long way of saying that at the very most, I could only speak for myself if I responded to this, and that would raise its own issue as to the appropriateness of an individual making such a reply, which could easily be misinterpreted as an official answer from the TC. So, for now I won't do that in this message. What I will say is that we are working on providing some quick-reference materials such as a factsheet and a FAQ, and that some of us are thinking about writing some articles for newsletters about CAP, and that the issues raised on the public comment list will certainly be considered and probably will be addressed in those contexts, a FAQ and/or other reference materials.

Bob, I will reply to you privately if you want, but only as a private individual, not as a TC representative, which you can request privately. Otherwise, this will be addressed further in the manner that the TC and/or OASIS deems correct. However, since the TC list is publicly available, you can check the archives to see what, if anything we have had to say about this or you can check the minutes once they are posted after next Tuesday's TC meeting.

Thanks,
Rex