emergency-comment message

Subject: message referring in CAP messages

Hi,

I have a question regarding the CAP specification for my clarification.

A new CAP message is identified by the "identifier" element. The
identifier is unique for the message. I assume that when the message is
updated (as specified by the "msgType" element), the identifier will
have another value.

Is this assumption correct?

When the original message needs an update or a cancellation, the
"msgType" element is used to indicate that the new message is in effect
an update or a cancellation of an earlier message. To determine which
message needs updating, the original message is referred to in the
"references" element. This element contains the "identifier" of the