emergency-comment message

Subject: Using CAP in Europe

Dear Mr. Botterell, Dear Ms Jones,

You probably remember our meeting during the CAP OASIS meeting in Geneve in
2006 (Joint ITU-T/ OASIS Workshop and Demonstration of Advances in ICT
Standards for Public Warning) . At that time we talked about the European
Project I'm managing, REACT (www.react-ist.net) which is focused in
interoperability issues btw PSAP in Europe. It was the beginning of the
project and our discussion was very interesting for me to drive REACT
towards the use of CAP.

I'm glad to announce that REACT decision to adopt CAP and to include TSO
data dictionary into CAP has produced the adoption of CAP as the standard
that will be used in Italy by the Ministry of the Interiror for the Fir
Fighters interoperability (
http://www.i4es.it/wordpress/vigili_del_fuoco_react/).

I'll be also presenting the concept of using CAP and TSO within REACT at the
next official ETSI EMTEL meeting in October.

You can read some more details and news here:
http://www.i4es.it/wordpress/tag/cap/

To facilitate the comprehension of the joint use of CAP and of TSO we
created a free service that is called CAP GENERATOR. You can try it yourself
using http://capgenerator.i4es.it .

I tried to add this information to the CAP cookbook but don't have the
credetials to modify the Wiki. I'm also sending this message to the
emergency-comment@lists.oasis-open.org for being used by anybody interested.

Looking forward for your feedback I send you my warmest regards,

--
Massimo Cristaldi, dr.
Intelligence for Environment & Security – IES Solutions s.r.l.

Technical Director
Email m.cristaldi@i4es.it

Phone + 39 348 28 16 167
Fax + 39 095 90 73 11 47
Rome / Catania
ITALY
www.i4es.it

This e-mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named above and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of any of the information contained in this
transmission is strictly PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission
in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail at the above address. Thank
you.