emergency-comment message

Subject: Re: [emergency-comment] Profile Draft Question

Title: Re: [emergency-comment] Profile Draft Question

Art,

If it helps narrow down how this got in the document, it was not something that came from the ATIS-TIA group.

Thanks,
Sam
----------------
Sent on my BlackBerry wireless device.

-----Original Message-----
From: Art Botterell <abott@so.cccounty.us>
To: emergency-comment@lists.oasis-open.org <emergency-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thu Jan 29 10:39:10 2009
Subject: [emergency-comment] Profile Draft Question

** High Priority **

Rex -

I recall us doing quite a bit of work to see if we could avoid that, as it runs counter to the basic interoperability goal of having a single consistent CAP message that can drive all systems.  So this would seem to be a departure from the intent of the SC as well as being inconsistent with the data dictionary in section 2.

The SC approved a set of tables for referral to the TC, so I assume this may have been simply an editorial cut-and-paste accident.  This is an example of why I think we may want to focus as tightly as possible on working through the substantive issues before we add a lot of ancillary text that could create confusion.

- Art

--
This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS Emergency Management TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
before posting.

Subscribe: emergency-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org