emergency-comment message

Subject: DE 2.0 Comments from Don

Hi All-

Here are my comments for DE 2.0

XLink was double-imported which caused a namespace collision…This statement needs to be commented out of edxlgsf base or other files (see attached)

<import namespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/xlink/1.0.0/xlinks.xsd"/>

Line 111 in DE schema is not needed:

<xs:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>

Root EDXLDistribution Element has xlink attached to it, which I think is unnecessary

In distribution reference, RefDateTimeSent is not optional and should be.

Descriptor is a wrapper element; was that intentional?

Descriptor has xlink attached to it, which I think is unnecessary

Content wrapper element has xlink attached to it, which I think is unnecessary

It looks like Target Area isn’t using the latest EDXL GeoLocation schema

Consider re-ordering of the Descriptor elements

DEContentDescriptor Type element has xlink attached to it, which I think is unnecessary

Any ##other is missing from root element for signing of the entire DE message

Need to confirm that Any ##other is in the correct place for signing and encrypting individual content objects

Don McGarry

The MITRE Corp.

dmcgarry@mitre.org

(703) 595-9375