emergency-comment message

Subject: Note" Not interested in Prescriptions: Re: [emergency-comment] NIMS STEP comment - TractorFax

Hi Jerome,

Apparently I was not understanding you. However, to address a couple of issues. I am not attempting to type anything myself. I am attempting to make it possible for anyone who types or has typed resources to make their typing available and citable. As long as the documentation for any given resource typing is available, I can use it in EDXL.

So to reiterate, I'm not out to retype anything, just to make it possible to translate between existing typing systems, whether it is the european "Tactical Situation Object" being reworked by ISO that produces a resource coding and typing system even more complex that FEMA's, or FEMA's or anyone else's.

All anyone needs to do is publish their typing system. If they don't, it will be difficult to use their resources, but even then, if any jurisdictions purchases and uses any given resource, it will eventually be possible. The only real problems are companies attempting to manipulate the marketplace to create de facto staandards by becoming monopolies (and this is clearly not you, Jerome).

Anyway, I'm not competing with anyone here. I'm trying to make things work, regardless.

Cheers,
Rex