emergency-comment message

Subject: TC Admin comments on Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) Hospital AVailability Exchange (HAVE) Version 2.0 CSPRD01

Members of the Emergency Management TC,

During our publication and release of Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) Hospital AVailability Exchange (HAVE) Version 2.0 for public review, we noted a few issues to address in subsequent editions. TC Administration provides these comments for the public review of the above Committee Specification Drafts. Public review was announced in https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/60-day-public-review-for-emergency-data-exchange-language-edxl-hospital-availabil

- Appendix A

Appendix A contains the data dictionary in a 67-page PDF file which apparently was not included in the approved and submitted package.

We were able to incorporate the data by extracting the "embedded" PDF file from the doc file then exporting them as individual graphics pages, and inserting them into the csd01 file.

We also included the extracted PDF file of schema documentation in the "schemas" directory for csd01 and csprd01, and added the following text in Appendix A: "The PDF file is available in the "schemas" directory listed in the "Additional artifacts" section on the title page."

For the future, we should coordinate on publishing this content - perhaps only referring to the PDF file in the schemas directory, rather than including it directly.

- In Non-Normative References, the link for [VHHA-TERM] is broken.

- A number of redirected links should be adjusted:

* Line: 1245 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16400/ redirected to https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16400/

* Line: 1231 http://www.ahrq.gov/research/havbed/definitions.htm redirected to http://archive.ahrq.gov/research/havbed/definitions.htm

* Line: 1220 http://it.ojp.gov/topic.jsp?topic_id=43 redirected to http://it.ojp.gov/default.aspx?area=nationalInitiatives&page=1013

* Line: http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/index.php redirected to https://www.oasis-open.org/standards

* Line: 1261 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14310/ redirected to https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14310/

* Line: 1252 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16399/ redirected to https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16399/

* Line: 1129 http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2 redirected to http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/ (The link is missing a trailing slash, and caused a redirect. Adding the trailing slash would speed up browsing._

- At line: 1225, the link http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/download.php/20785/Best%20Practices%20-%20a%20GML%20Profile.doc requires login to OASIS and thus is not a public link. It should be changed to the https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php form of the link.

Please let us know if you have questions on these comments.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298