emergency-dev message

Subject: Update on Sahana and use of OASIS standards

Hi all,

I see this list hasn't been used for a while, so I hope someone is still listening ;)

We are doing quite a bit of standards work on our Sahana server that has been deployed for Haiti.

<http://haiti.sahanafoundation.org/prod/>

Over the past few days we have started implementing hospital status information and are currently able to provide EDXL-HAVE exports of this information, in addition to a number of other formats. The beauty of this system is that we have an XSLT templating system that means that you only have to create an XSLT template to create a new format for export. We will probably soon be implementing HAVE import to enable us to consume HAVE links to update staus in Hospital Management System in Sahana. Additionally, the structure of hospital status is being based around HAVE at this point in time - we may extend the information we capture as need dictates.

Some example links to different data sources are below. We are hoping this will catch on as a means of sharing hospital status information in Haiti.

Cheers Gavin
Sahana Software Foundation