emergency-gis message

Subject: Meeting: 29 April 2003

GIS SC Meeting Notes of 29 April 2003

The meeting was conducted via conference call. Participants were:

Rex Brooks (individual)
Eliot Christian (U.S. Department of the Interior)
David Danko (ESRI)
Bill Schroder (ESRI)
Steve Seigel (RAMSafe)

1) CAP Discussion:

Schema available at http://www.incident.com/cap

ACTION: Within OGC there is an open location services initiative (pts.,
polygon, pt & radius, and incorporate elevation) for simple geometries.  It
is done in GML.  Dave Danko will forward OGC Location Based Services
Specification for Simple Geometry.

Is a common reference system required similar to WGS84?  Should we
recommend a reference system everyone should use or should the coordinate
reference be supplied in the message?

2) GIS Charter

Subcommittee satisfied with Draft Charter, charter okay.

Action:  Need vote by Full TC on approval for TC Charter

3) Question to TC on scope for CAP advice and GIS Subcommittee efforts; are
we to include specifications and recommendations for 3D Geospatial Solutions?