emergency-gis message

Subject: Re: [emergency-msg] Re: [emergency] CAP and GML

At 03:29 AM 8/14/2003 -0400, Allen Wyke wrote:
>I went ahead and cross posted my response to the GIS and MSG SCs, since
>the topics were that of CAP and GML.
>
>On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 20:17, Carl Reed wrote:
> > A couple of days ago, Eliot passed on a GML encoding of two EDIS
> messages. I
> > passed the GML code onto Ron Lake, Editor of the OpenGIS GML specification.
> > I received the following back:
>
>Talk about right from the horse's mouth! :)

Let me be clear here: I developed the GML that Carl sent to Ron
Lake in close coordination with Ron. However, that GML is NOT in
CAP format. Rather, my GML file takes a set of CAP alerts and
does a variety of transformations (a person in Australia intends
to do a similar process using an XML Styleseheet Transform).

My goal was just to show that there is at least one way to
convert CAP messages into GML. I have a draft Implementors Note
explaining exactly how that was done in this particular case,
but that work was never intended to be normative in any sense.

Eliot